Improving our community by helping families.
This program focuses on building strong families in Joy House and the neighboring community. Equip strengthens families through education and resources to help them become stable physically, emotionally and spiritually.
- Training in parenting, health, nutrition, etc.
- Guidance in finances, employment, housing, legal matters, etc.
- After-school tutoring programs, including distribution of backpacks and school supplies for children
- Food baskets and nutritious meals
- Child Enrichment Center (see below)
- Field trips to local venues
- Mentoring relationships
- Summer school program for kids
- Clothing, including coats, shoes and boots
- Household items for their new home
Child Enrichment Center
The Milwaukee Rescue Mission Child Enrichment Center offers state-licensed, YoungStar rated childcare in a safe, nurturing environment. We focus on the physical, social and pre-academic skill development of the children in our care, and we are eligible for the Wisconsin Shares child care subsidy.
To learn more about the MRM Child Enrichment Center, click here.