In response to God’s grace through Christ, we compassionately serve men, women and children who are homeless, hungry or poor to help them become whole in body, mind and spirit for the glory of God. “. . . [W]hatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” (Matthew 25:40)
Our Core Values
We believe in RESCUE for all.
Respect for each individual’s dignity and worth. “Show proper respect to everyone; love the brotherhood, fear God, honor the king.” (1 Peter 2:17)
Education is essential for meaningful life change. “For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say ‘No’ to worldly passions… and to live self-controlled, upright lives.” (Titus 2:11-12)
Stability is needed to get back on one’s feet; it is the foundation to rebuild lives. “Our people must learn to devote themselves to doing what is good, in order that they may provide for daily necessities and not live unproductive lives.” (Titus 3:14)
Compassion drives us to support and care for the homeless and the poor. “Be kind and compassionate to one another . . .” (Ephesians 4:32)
Urban is our setting, focusing on the unique needs of the city and its people. “Should I not be concerned for that great city?” (Jonah 4:11)
Evangelism through proclaiming Christ and His resurrection. “Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised the third day. . . “ (1 Corinthians 15:3-4)
Statement of Faith
- We believe in the Scripture of the Old and New Testaments to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of God's will for the salvation of men and the divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life.
- We believe in one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the Cross, a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. He rose bodily from the dead and ascended into heaven, where He is seated at the right hand of God the Father. He now is our High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ. He carries out this ministry by convicting, regenerating, sealing, indwelling, guiding, instructing and empowering believers for life and service.
- We believe man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost, and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
- We believe the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only such as receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit and thus become children of God.
- We believe the true Church is composed of all such persons who are regenerated by the Holy Spirit through saving faith in Jesus Christ, are united together in the Body of Christ of which He is Lord and Head and are commissioned for the God-given task of proclaiming the gospel to every person. All members of this Invisible Body of Christ should also be connected with a visible, worshiping and serving local church.
- We believe in the personal and imminent return of our Lord Jesus Christ, and that this has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead, of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord, and of the unbeliever to judgment and eternal separation from God.
With help from generous donors like you, and the talents, faith and ingenuity of our dedicated staff, volunteers and Board of Directors, we are able to serve the needs of homeless and hurting men, women and children in our community.
- Patrick H. Vanderburgh, Executive Director
- David F. Oury, President
Senior Vice Presdient ~ Assurant Health
- Jeffrey Lueken, Vice President
Senior Vice President Investments ~ Northwestern Mutual
- Michael Andaloro, Treasurer
Partner ~ Andaloro, Smith & Krueger, LLP
- Sherri N. Kasdorf, Secretary
Director ~ The Kaztex Foundation
- Carol Kuyers, Assistant Secretary
- Ervin M. Martens, Chaplain
Owner ~ Martens True Value Hardware, Inc.
- John S. Cain
President & CEO ~ Cain Industries
- William A. Eisner
President & CEO ~ NONBOX
- Richard G. Galling
President & COO ~ Hammes Company Healthcare, LLC
- Roosevelt McKinney
Instructor ~ Milwaukee Area Technical College
- Demond Means
Superintendent ~ Mequon-Thiensville School District
- Warren D. Pierson
Managing Director ~ Robert W. Baird & Co.
- Eric J. Van Vugt
Partner ~ Quarles & Brady
- Karl F. Gengler, Member Emeritus
- Phillip A. Hardacre, Member Emeritus
- Robert W. Jensen, Member Emeritus
- Robert K. Mitchell, Member Emeritus
- Patrick H. Vanderburgh
- Barbara Vanderburgh
Director of Development and Administration
- Chuck Schumacher
Director of Safe Harbor
- Aurelia Brown
Director of Joy House
- Jackie Verhulst
School Administrator, CrossTrainers Academy
- Dan Brown
Director of Support Service
- Jeremy Chapman
Director of Equip