Donate Items of Need
Often, when our neighbors who are hungry and homeless arrive at our door, all they own are the clothes they’re wearing. Thanks to donations from friends like you, we’re usually able to meet their physical needs right on the spot. But our shelves aren’t always full, and we always need the items in the list below.
DONATION DROP-OFF LOCATIONS
Donations are accepted at our Kilbourn Ave. entrance (Kilbourn and 19th Street) Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. There are also drop-off bins to receive clothing donations located at the True Value Hardware located at 8010 N. 76th Street and the Richfield Truck Stop (Exxon) at exit 57 on the west side of I41/45.
We are always in need of the items listed below; however, we are in great of men's blue jeans and boxer shorts at this time (all sizes), as well as girls and boys 3T clothing.
Thank you for any contribution you are able to make!
Personal Care Items (new/unopened)
- Baby care items – diaper rash cream, Orajel, etc.
- Shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc.
- Cold and cough medicine/cough drops
- Pain relievers, like Tylenol and ibuprofen (non-alcoholic)
- Tissue, toilet paper, feminine products
- Home cleaning products (new/unopened)
- Kitchen tools and supplies
- Home electronics – microwaves, vacuums, etc.
- Paper products - plates, cups, napkins, etc.
- Plastic spoons, forks, knives
- Clothing (especially for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers)
- Socks, especially for toddlers
- Underwear – men’s, women’s and children’s (new)
- Coats (winter and spring) for all ages
- Clocks and watches
- Men's belts
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Canned fruits and vegetables
- Bakery items
- Lunch snacks – fruit, cereal bars, etc.
- Other nonperishable items
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept the following items:
- Used toys & stuffed animals
- Large appliances
- Older televisions
- Used matresses
Not sure if we can use your donation? Call 414.344.2211 and ask!